Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday Fun Day!!!

In a desperate need for food and dinks from the aftermath of the evening prior, a few friends and I decided to head out to the Black Hammock. Nestled back on Lake Jesup, I have no clue how anyone without a GPS could find this place. To get there you take some random turn off SR 434 in Oviedo then pass strawberry fields and orange groves followed by a snaking road, finally to find the Hammock. The Black Hammock is a fish camp, restaurant, bar, airboat adventure all in one kind of hangout. Of course we made our way to the Lazy Gator Bar where I order a salty dog while the rest of the crew felt like bloody mary’s. Of course there were alligators everywhere, so I had to try the gator bites. There were a few different ways the gator was prepared, but opted for the traditional. The weather was perfect and I finally stared feeling better all ready to watch the Daytona 500. I don’t think the day could have been simpler than this Sunday. ~Cheers






After the Black Hammock, we ventured out to watch the race at this party. It was interesting and fun at the same time. Here are a few pics I snapped from my phone.